As you take the time to explore Burlington, you must make a stop at the Cedarock Park – Burlington at Cedarock Park at 4242 R Dean Coleman Rd, Burlington, NC 27215.
This 500-acre park is a great place for families and individuals alike to get outside and enjoy nature and learn something about life on a farm over one-hundred years ago. With a beautiful creek and waterfall, trails for everyone, and plenty of outside activities, you can easily spend a full day here.
Things to Do at Cedarock Park
Visitors who decide to come to Cedarock Park – Burlington will find many things to do while they walk around. Some of the activities that are common in the parks include:
- Canoe and kayak rentals
- Disc golf
There are also virtual tours available through the Locatify SmartGuide App. A tour is a great way to learn everything the park has to offer and to learn some history about this fascinating area of Burlington. They currently have two tours available on the app including the Glencoe Tour and the Cedarock Park Tour.
Cedarock Historical Farm
Located right next to the Cedarock Park is the Cedarock Historical Farm. This is a great educational experience for the whole family to learn more about what life was like on a farm in North Carolina during the late 19th Century.
This farm has animals for kids to see and enjoy along with antique and replica farm equipment and a farmhouse. This homestead has everything that a traditional farm would have had at that time, including the original cabin, a corn crib, outhouse, post office, and a two-story home. Visitors can enjoy a self-guided tour during park hours or pay for a guided tour. Another great place to visit
One of the most popular features of Cedarock Park are the many different trails that are available for hiking walking, jogging or even horseback riding. From short jaunts that let you see the countryside to longer trails that give you a bit of a workout, there are so many to choose from. The most common trails that visitors can choose include:
- Equestrian Trail: This is a 6-mile trail that is dedicated just to horses and their owners. There is a shallow creek crossing and several wooden bridges.
- Spoon Branch Trail: This one is a little smaller at two miles, making it perfect for a good walk with your family. Take a look at Historical Farms, follow through the woods to the picnic area, and enjoy some of the wetlands of this area.
- Rock Creek Trail: This trail is slightly over two miles with two loops and a connector. This is a great trail for viewing the creek and the beautiful waterfall over old mill dam.
- Rock Creek/Spoon Branch Connector Trail: This trail will have an upper and lower section so you can see both trails at once, for a total of three miles.
- Curtis Mill Trail: This short trail, only half a mile, is near the disc golf trail and can take you to the Waterfall or can be an accessible trail for those who are not able to walk the longer trails.
There is so much to do and enjoy at Cedarock Park that you’ll want to include it on your regular stops in Burlington. The Park is located at 4242 R Dean Coleman Rd, Burlington, NC 27215. Learn More