The Greensboro Children’s Museum is a great place for children of all ages to learn and discover something new through hands-on learning. Through different exhibits, camps, and movement, children get a chance to explore the world around them and see how wondrous the world truly is. The museum is located at 220 N. Church St. Greensboro, NC 27401.Exhibits at the Greensboro Children’s Museum
There are many interesting exhibits that children will flock to when visiting the Children’s Museum. These are designed to encourage hands-on learning and creativity, which means children can find something that they really enjoy and will learn something at the same time. Some of the most popular exhibits/activities children enjoy at the museum include:
- Outdoor Play Plaza: Children can spend some time outside in the Outdoor Play Plaza. This area encourages movement and helps teach basic problem-solving skills as the child goes from point A to point B with no specified path.
- Water Wonders: This exhibit provides learning stations for children to play and control water and its movement.
- Main Street/Our Town: This part of the museum provides many hands-on exhibits that encourage roll playing and fun for children of all ages. In this area, they will have a chance to visit the market, a pizza restaurant, the health center, a theater, and even a construction zone.
- Transportation: Children can climb aboard and pretend to drive a real police car while challenging their body and mind through an obstacle course. There is also a race car and rock-climbing wall to encourage more movement and of course more fun.
- Tot Spot: Even the tiniest guests will have a chance to play. This area allows the smaller children a place to roam around and learn, without getting lost in the big museum.
These are just some of the great exhibits that families and children can enjoy when they come to the Children’s Museum in Greensboro.
The Children’s Museum in Greensboro also offers a variety of learning experiences for children of all ages. Field trips from local schools are always welcome for groups of 10 or more. These trips are often an innovative way to enforce some of the lessons the kids are learning in school.
The museum occasionally offers digital learning experiences as well to those who are not able to make it to the museum on their own.
Summer camps are also a viable learning option for kids of all ages. The Children’s Museum offers summer camps for children ages 4 to 8, providing hands-on, educational, exciting, creative, and fun activities for children. You can choose between camps like Messes and Masterpieces, Superhero Academy, and Pirates and Mermaids.
Admissions and Pricing
Visitors are able to choose between one day or get a membership for family and friends. Many families choose to come back to the museum regularly to experience the varied activities and to help their child learn as they grow. The family membership allows them to do this with all of their children for an affordable price. More information is available on the Children’s Museum website: https://gcmuseum.com
Check this out. When you are ready for a day of playing and good imagination with your child, then visit the Greensboro Children’s Museum at 220 N Church St. Greensboro, NC 27401.