Each fall you likely receive dozens of direct mail advertisements on specific HVAC services, such as annual furnace check-ups. Although it may seem like a trivial money-wasting idea, an annual furnace inspection has several benefits. You see, over the years your furnace is susceptible to harsh weather which can wreak havoc on its performance. Fortunately, an annual inspection and tune-up can ensure that your furnace lasts through the winter – and for many years to come. Although that is reason enough to have an annual check-up, many homeowners simply forgo the process. But there are several other benefits to having an annual furnace check-up. Here are just five:
- Guarantees proper airflow. During a yearly check-up, our technicians will examine your entire heating system to ensure it is receiving – and offering – the right airflow. A furnace with limited airflow may not only cause your heating bills to spike, but it may also cause unnecessary strain on your heating or cooling system. It may not sound important, but proper airflow is crucial to preventing the need for furnace repair.
- Keeps your family safe. A furnace burns fuel to produce heat for your home. In order to maintain safety and efficiency, the process of combustion must be exact. Even the smallest issue can lead to a gas or carbon monoxide leak, both of which are dangerous. Although it may seem like a money-saving idea to do an annual inspection yourself but because of safety issues, it’s best left to the professionals.
- Reduces the need for repairs. Furnaces tend to go out in the dead of winter, leaving homeowners panicked. Just like all mechanical devices, furnaces seem to know when we most need them and break down at that time. Oftentimes, these issues could have been prevented with an annual inspection and tune-up.
- Improves energy and fuel efficiency. An annual inspection and tune-up doesn’t just look for potential issues, it also includes cleaning. Over the months, your furnace collects dust, dirt, and debris. If left uncleaned, these debris can really take a toll on your furnace including your energy and fuel bills. But, with a quick cleaning from our professionals your furnace will be running as good as new, saving you both time and money.
- Maintains the manufacturer’s warranty. If your heating system is under a manufacturer’s warrant, it is important that you have annual inspections and tune-ups. Most manufacturer’s state that the warranty becomes null and void if the system is not regularly maintained. Fortunately, an annual furnace check-up can meet the requirements set within your manufacturer warranty.
As you can see, there are several benefits to having your furnace regularly inspected and tuned-up. Not only does it save you time and money, but it also helps to keep your family safe. At Berico, Alamance Oil and Carolina Fuels, we believe in flexibility; which is why we offer a variety of different furnace repair, inspection, and tune-up options as well as on-going maintenance programs. From basic inspections to complicated repairs, we have you covered. We even offer completely free energy audits, which are designed to help you save even more on your energy bills. So if you’re in need of a furnace check-up in Greensboro, repair, or tune-up contact us today!