Lower Heating Costs with a New Furnace in Eden
Between the price of heating fuel and colder temperatures each winter, the cost of heating can be burdensome. But you can lower your heating costs by installing a new furnace in Eden, NC. Newer furnaces are more energy efficient than furnaces that are even 7 or 8 years old. And depending on the energy source your current furnace uses, you may be able to save even more by switching to a heating oil or propane furnace. Carolina Fuels installs only the best brands of new furnaces in Eden. Expert technicians will recommend the best furnace for your home or business and install it properly. If you’re considering replacement, you probably have some questions.
How much more efficient is a new furnace?
Older furnaces tend to have between 56% to 70% efficiency. While 70% isn’t bad, a new furnace will give you 98.5% efficiency. That is a significant difference that will show immediately in your heating bill. Advancements in technology have made great strides in the efficiency of HVAC systems and furnaces. A new furnace will most likely pay for itself by lowering your heating costs in as little as 2 to 3 years.
What type of furnace should I get?
The type of furnace you should have installed depends on your home or business. It also depends on the weather where you live. Some furnaces are more efficient in some climates than in others. Heat pumps can be incredibly efficient in places where temperatures are moderate. A propane or heating oil furnace is more efficient in extreme temperatures. If you are considering a new furnace in Eden, NC, winters get cold enough to make propane and heating oil furnaces most efficient. The experts at Carolina Fuels will help you decide what furnace is right for you.
What if I need a new furnace but don’t have the budget for it right now?
Whether you are upgrading for the sake of lowering heating costs or if your furnace is irreparable and a new one is necessary, Berico offers financing options to ease the burden. You may find that you can use the money you save monthly on heating costs to make monthly payments on a new furnace.
What can I do to make my new furnace as efficient as possible?
- Be sure your house is properly sealed and insulated, including your chimney. If you’re not sure, Berico will perform a free energy audit of your home.
- Regular maintenance should be performed by your HVAC company. Carolina Fuels offers Comfort and Protection Service Agreements that include yearly maintenance and heating fuel delivery. You should definitely invest in furnace maintenance in Eden if you want your system to work the best it can and save you money.
- Open window treatments to allow sun to come in during the cold months. Close window treatments at night to keep cold air out.
- Get a programmable thermostat. You can program your thermostat to automatically lower the set temperature when you’re out of the house and at night, and raise the temperature before you arrive home or get up in the morning. Some you can even program from your smart phone.
- If you are interested in saving some money this winter, consider installing a new furnace in Eden. Experienced technicians at Carolina Fuels will assess your home, recommend the best furnace, and install it properly to be sure you save the most energy possible. Contact Carolina Fuels to get started.
Carolina Fuels serves Eden, Madison, and surrounding areas including Greensboro, Burlington, Stoneville, and Mayodan.
For more information on how to save energy by installing a new furnace, visit http://www.energy.gov/energysaver/articles/furnaces-and-boilers