A lot of us take our HVAC systems for granted. We assume they will always work properly to keep us comfortable. We don’t even think about repair until our system has a problem. But problems could be prevented with preseason maintenance. For furnace repair in Eden, the best time to schedule maintenance is late summer into early fall. If you wait until the weather gets cold and you first need to turn on your heat, you may find that it doesn’t work properly after months of no use. And you won’t be the only one in the same chilly situation, which means your local HVAC companies will be busy and you may have to wait a while for service. Schedule maintenance with Carolina Fuels now and rest assured that your furnace will work properly later when you need it.
Furnace maintenance prevents problems by inspecting, cleaning, or repairing the following:
- Ducts. Ducts become dirty over time and need to be cleaned. Ductwork should also be checked for leaks and for proper installation.
- Air filters. Air filters needs to be replaced or cleaned regularly. Most are the disposable kind that simply need replacing. Clean filters are critical to maintaining proper air flow and for keeping dirt and dust out of your home and out of your HVAC system. If you or anyone in your household suffers from allergies, this is particularly important.
- Carbon Monoxide Inspection. Carbon monoxide is a by-product of gas fueled furnaces. If your furnace produces too much Carbon Monoxide or it is not properly ventilated, it can be dangerous.
- Electrical Inspection. All electrical components and wires should be checked for proper connection and any worn out parts should be replaced.
- Thermostat Calibration. The thermostat controls the entire HVAC system. The temperature sensor can sometimes get to be a few degrees off, which can negatively affect your home comfort level.
These are the main points of inspection and repair, but maintenance covers many more parts that have the potential to cause problems with your furnace. Avoiding unnecessary repairs will save you money, as will a more efficient furnace. The cost of a maintenance plan is definitely less than purchasing a new HVAC system, and regular maintenance will extend the life of your current system. And an HVAC system that runs properly is safer for you and your family. Schedule preventative maintenance with Carolina Fuels to get your furnace ready for the cold.
Fast, Reliable Service
In the unfortunate even that you do need HVAC service in Eden, NC, Carolina Fuels provides fast, reliable service. Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Carolina Fuels is always ready to meet your HVAC needs. Certified technicians can repair your entire HVAC system, both heating and cooling. Since 1924 Carolina Fuels has been providing HVAC repair to many satisfied customers. For trustworthy and dependable HVAC contractors in Eden, NC, contact Carolina Fuels at 336-623-9741.
For more information about home heating, visit http://energy.gov/articles/energy-saver-101-infographic-home-heating