As a homeowner in a climate zone with warm summers and cold winters, you know how important it is to have a properly working HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system. Your home comfort depends on it, as well as the health of your family and the condition of your home. With the coldest months of the year upon us, furnace repair in Eden, NC, is a very important issue. The best way to prepare your furnace for the cold months is to schedule maintenance before you experience a problem that may require repair.
Benefits of Being Proactive About Furnace Repair in Eden, NC
- Prevent Unexpected furnace failure. Whether or not you like surprises, a broken down furnace is a surprise no one enjoys. When you have your furnace inspected and tuned up at the start of the cold season you can prevent most furnace problems from ever happening.
- Save money. Preventative maintenance saves you money in a variety of ways. When you avoid unexpected breakdowns, you avoid having to pay for costly repairs and after-hours or emergency fees. Maintenance also helps your furnace to run more efficiently, lowering your heating costs. And when you sign up for a yearly maintenance plan with your HVAC company you get a discount on any repairs you may need and on new equipment.
- Stay warm. This one is a no-brainer. If you have your furnace serviced before the weather gets cold, it is more likely to work properly and efficiently to keep you and your family warm all night and day through the cold months of the year.
- Stay safe. A furnace that is not working properly can be an actual danger to your home and family. One of the most common ways your furnace can pose a threat is by releasing too much carbon monoxide. A furnace that is dirty or not venting properly can release a dangerous level of CO into the air in your home which can cause severe health problems. And because a furnace burns fuel, there is always a risk of fire with a dirty or malfunctioning system. Prevent these dangers with an annual tune up.
- Protect your home. After the safety of your loved ones, the next concern is your home itself. A furnace that doesn’t work properly can do damage to your home. Pipes can freeze and burst, causing major water damage. Floorboards can bow or spaces can form in between them. Extreme changes from cold to warm can permanently damage your home. It’s best to keep the interior temperature as consistent as possible. A failing furnace can also cause excess moisture to build up inside your home which can cause mold or mildew to form.
Protect Your Home and Family During the Cold Season with Carolina Fuels
Carolina Fuels wants to make preventative maintenance calls to as many customers as possible before the temperatures reach the seasonal lows because customers are always first priority. If you want to make sure your furnace is ready for winter, schedule furnace repair in Eden, NC, now. Call (336) 273-8663.