5 Reasons to Schedule Propane Furnace Maintenance Before Winter
When should you have your furnace repaired? When it breaks down on a cold winter day? Or in the fall before the weather gets cold?
Being proactive about furnace maintenance can prevent untimely problems on cold days. There are many reasons HVAC experts recommend scheduling yearly furnace maintenance in late summer or early fall. It’s also a good idea to combine your yearly furnace tune-up with propane delivery in Eden to make sure you’re prepared for cold weather. Consider these 5 reasons to schedule furnace maintenance before winter.
- Save money. While furnace maintenance does come at a cost, that cost is significantly less than the cost of an emergency furnace repair, and just a small fraction of the cost of a new furnace. Furnace maintenance also improves the energy efficiency of your furnace, meaning it uses less propane, which saves you money. You also avoid paying after-hours fees if you were to have a problem with your furnace at night or on the weekend. Keeping up with furnace maintenance each year can extend the life of your furnace.
- Availability of appointments. If you call to schedule your furnace maintenance in the fall, you’ll find a lot more flexibility in the appointment times that are available. Waiting until the cold winter months means the furnace technicians are often busy handling emergency repairs and won’t have as many available appointments for maintenance. If you wait until the first cold night to turn on your furnace and discover that it isn’t working, imagine how many others will be in the same boat. You may be waiting a while for service.
- Avoid discomfort. When your furnace quits on a cold day, your home can get unbearably cold in a short time. If you’ve ever woken up to a cold house because your furnace broke down in the night, that’s an experience you won’t soon forget. It could have been avoided with a furnace inspection and tune-up.
- Save time. Combine your furnace tune-up with propane delivery in Eden so you only have to carve out time for one appointment. And instead of wondering if you have enough propane to get through the winter, you can get refilled in advance and rest assured that you’re covered.
- Safety. A neglected furnace can be a safety hazard. When dust and soot build up in the heat exchanger or on the igniter, there’s an increase in the risk of fire. A dirty or malfunctioning furnace can release an unhealthy amount of carbon monoxide, which is extremely dangerous to people and can cause all sorts of health problems.
Reasons to Call Carolina Fuels for your Furnace Maintenance
Now that you know the importance of scheduling furnace maintenance before winter, you just need to know who to call. Carolina Fuels is a reliable HVAC and propane delivery service serving Eden, Reidsville, and the surrounding area. Carolina Fuels offers affordable maintenance packages that include propane refills. These are called Comfort and Protection Service Plans and they include discounts, priority service, waived after-hours fees, and other benefits.
Don’t wait. Call Carolina Fuels today at (336) 623-9741 to schedule furnace maintenance and propane delivery in Eden.