Is your heating and air conditioning system showing signs of old age? Are you beginning to wonder how much longer it’s going to last? Unfortunately HVAC systems don’t last forever, and you may not be prepared for the day your system breaks down. But there are some telltale signs that indicate you should start talking to your trusted HVAC service technician about replacement. It may be time to upgrade if you notice any of the following signs.
- Unusual noises. If you hear noises you haven’t heard before coming from your heating and cooling system, it can mean there are serious problems. Vibrations, loose parts, a motor that’s wearing out, and more can cause new noises or just an increase in the amount of noise coming from your system.
- Rising energy bill. Does it seem like your electric or gas bill gets higher each month? Are your bills higher this year than they were at the same time last year? These are both signs that your HVAC system is not running efficiently. New systems are significantly more energy efficient than those that are more than 8 to 10 years old.
- Unpleasant odors. Strange or unpleasant smells coming from your HVAC unit or your vents? Odors can be caused by a variety of problems, such as mold and mildew growth due to excess moisture inside the unit or refrigerant leaks.
- Tripped circuit breaker. If your HVAC system trips the circuit breaker once, it may not be any cause for alarm. But if it happens repeatedly, you may have a system that is showing signs of wear. A small repair may be able to help, but it likely won’t last long and your whole system will soon need to be replaced.
- Frequent repairs. Does it seem like you’ve had your HVAC service out for repairs too many times lately? Too many repairs in a short period of time, even small things, are a definite sign that your AC is wearing out.
- Uneven indoor temperatures or decreased comfort. Does your home seem less comfortable lately? Are some rooms warmer than others? Uneven heating or cooling is often a sign that your HVAC system isn’t working as efficiently as it should. If you’re lucky, a simple repair could fix the problem, but more than likely a replacement is in your near future.
Upgrading to a New Heating and Cooling System Can Actually Save You Money
The price of a new HVAC system can seem a little overwhelming. No one wants to pay to replace their central air. But after the initial cost, the upgrade in efficiency will save you money on a monthly basis, especially if your current system is eight years old or older. If you notice any of the above signs, call Carolina Fuels for HVAC service immediately. An expert technician will evaluate your current system and give you a recommendation on whether to repair it or replace it. Call now: (336) 623-9741.