Propane is one of the most efficient and inexpensive energy sources available. It is also very versatile, providing energy for many different uses. By using propane for a variety of purposes around your home, you can save a significant amount of money. Here are 6 ways you can save money using propane in Greensboro.
- Home heating. One of the most common household uses for propane is heating. Propane is an efficient, clean-burning, and non-toxic way to fuel your furnace. Propane burns hotter and produces more heat than the same amount of other fuels, making it high on the efficiency scale.
- Heating water. A propane water heater is very efficient, heating water faster and to a higher temperature than other energy sources. The hotter the water, the less you’ll need to achieve the desired water temperature for showering or washing dishes. And you’re less likely to run out because the hotter water will stretch further and when the supply gets low it can recover faster.
- Cooking. Propane can be used to fuel your stove and oven. Many professional chefs prefer to cook over a flame because it creates a more evenly distributed heat. Propane gas does provide a flame burner for your stovetop. It also helps your oven to heat faster for cooking and baking.
- Grilling. Propane is one of the most popular choices for backyard grills for a variety of reasons. It comes in small, portable cylinders that can be refilled and reused. It heats instantly, making it possible to start grilling immediately, much faster and more affordable than heating charcoal. You’ll get many more grilled meals out of a small propane cylinder than even the largest bag of charcoal.
- Laundry. Propane dryers are much more efficient than electric dryers. Clothes dry faster using less energy. Propane also heats the water used by your washing machine for hot water loads. You save money on both machines when it comes to propane-fueled laundry.
- Generator. When the power goes out it can be extremely frustrating. Not only are you unable to use your electrical appliances, but a long time without power can cause entire refrigerators and freezers full of food to spoil. A propane-fueled generator can create enough backup electricity to fuel your refrigerator and freezer while the power is out, and maybe even more electronics depending on the capacity of your generator.
How to Save on Propane Tank Refills
Now that you know 6 ways to save money using propane, here are some tips for saving money when you purchase propane in Greensboro. As you may know, the price of propane fluctuates over the months and years, typically based on the price of crude oil, the weather, and demand. But you can save money with payment and pricing programs from Berico, such as the Pre-Buy Price Protection Plan and the Fixed Price Plan.
- Pre-Buy Price Protection Plan. This plan allows you to purchase propane in advance when the price is lower, even if you don’t need a refill yet. Read more about the plan here.
- Fixed Price Plan. This plan allows you to lock in a price for propane as long as you commit to purchasing a certain amount during the year. On this plan you also have the opportunity to sign up for EZ Pay, which is a monthly payment plan for your propane, making the cost more budget-friendly. Get additional details here.
Call Berico today at (336) 273-8663 to inquire about prices and delivery of propane in Greensboro. Berico offers free tank swap-outs for new customers, so make the switch today.