8 Reasons for an HVAC Tune-Up
You see advertisements about it. You get coupons in the mail for it. But what’s the big deal about an HVAC tune-up? Why fix your AC if it isn’t broken? There are plenty of reasons why you should hire a professional to tune-up your HVAC in Greensboro every spring. Here are 8 of the top reasons.
- Save Energy/Money. Maintenance helps your HVAC system run more efficiently. When a technician cleans it up, tightens up any loose parts, and makes sure it’s running properly, it will consume less energy to keep your home comfortable. And less energy means a lower energy bill.
- Lengthen the Lifespan of your HVAC System. Keeping up with regular tune-ups will help your HVAC system last longer. Replacing parts when they need it and making sure your system is running efficiently means it won’t have to work as hard to keep your home comfortable, which can add years onto its life.
- Prevent Premature Damage to Parts. When one part is loose or starting to wear out, it can cause damage to other parts in a sort of chain reaction. Taking care of these things before they progress is important, and regular maintenance makes that possible.
- Keep your Warranty Valid. Some warranties on new heating and cooling equipment requires you to schedule regular maintenance with a licensed, certified provider of HVAC in Greensboro. If this is not done, your warranty may be null and void when you need a repair.
- Avoid Unexpected Repairs. A malfunctioning HVAC system is a surprise no one wants. If you prefer not to be surprised in this way, routine maintenance can help prevent it. By inspecting, cleaning, and tuning up all the working parts, your system is less likely to experience problems. Don’t get surprised by a broken part that could have been prevented with a simple preseason inspection.
- Keep your Indoor Air Cleaner. Is your indoor air clean and safe to breathe? How do you know? Your HVAC system has a lot to do with indoor air quality. The filters are responsible for removing dust, dirt, allergens, and other particles from the air, but can only do so successfully if they are clean. It’s recommended that you replace your filters with clean ones every 6 months at the very least, quarterly for better results, and monthly in the presence of any new construction or for someone with severe allergies. Also, maintenance for your furnace ensures that it is producing normal levels of carbon monoxide and that it is being vented outside of your home.
- Better Home Comfort. A properly operating HVAC system can help you achieve greater overall comfort in your home, providing consistent heat or cool throughout every room.
- Humidity Control. Your HVAC system is also responsible for regulating the humidity in your home. Too much moisture in the air leads to mold and mildew growth indoors, which is definitely something you want to avoid. Maintenance ensures your HVAC system will keep humidity levels normal.
Schedule a Tune-Up for Your HVAC in Greensboro
When it comes to making an appointment for maintenance, the sooner the better. If you wait until the weather gets hot, you’ll be competing for technicians’ time with other customers who need emergency repairs. Schedule a tune-up for your HVAC in Greensboro today and you’re more likely to find a time that’s convenient for you.
Call (336) 273-8663 today to make an appointment or schedule service. Get a jumpstart on spring HVAC maintenance.