Considering Replacing your AC? Here’s what you Need to Know
It’s that time of year. The temperatures are warming up, the days are getting longer and soon enough you’ll need to turn on your air conditioner. What kind of shape is yours in? Are you confident that it’s up to the task of cooling your home for another scorching summer? If not, it may be time to consider replacing your system. But before you schedule your AC replacement in Eden, here’s what you need to know about getting a new air conditioner.
How do you Know When it’s Time to Replace your AC?
There are some signs that can alert you to the fact that your air conditioner may be on its last legs. The warning signs include:
- Unusual noises. This is a sign of parts wearing out or getting loose, vibrations, and other malfunctions.
- Uneven cooling. A struggling AC will fail to cool your home consistently throughout.
- Frequent cycling on and off. If your AC comes on and goes off repeatedly without ever reaching the desired indoor temperature, you have a malfunctioning system.
- Indoor humidity. Your air conditioner should naturally remove humidity from your home. If your windows fog up or you find condensation on metal surfaces indoors, your AC isn’t doing its job.
- Circuit breaker trips. Frequent tripping of the circuit breaker that corresponds to your air conditioner is a sign of an electrical issue that may or may not be repairable.
These or any other non-typical behavior from your AC are common indicators that your system is not operating properly. Repair may be possible, but a complete system replacement could be the only option.
The Age of your System is an Important Factor
Depending on the manufacturer and model of your air conditioning system, it likely has an expected lifespan of 10-15 years. Often systems will last between 15-20 years when well maintained. But past about 20 years and you’re really running on borrowed time. Another point to consider is that older systems are not nearly as energy efficient as newer systems. Major advancements in technology have led to the development of high-efficiency air conditioning systems that can operate using significantly less energy. Replacing your old system can save a lot of energy and noticeably lower your monthly electricity bill. If you’re facing an expensive repair, it may be in your best interest to replace your system instead.
Carolina Fuels can give you an Expert Recommendation on AC Replacement in Eden
When you think you may need AC replacement in Eden, it’s important to get an evaluation from an experienced, knowledgeable HVAC service. Carolina Fuels can inspect your system and evaluate its condition to formulate the best possible course of action. If your AC can be easily repaired so that it can operate efficiently for longer, that may be the best choice. But if the repair is only buying you time until the inevitable replacement is necessary, it might be smarter to go ahead and get it done. Your technician will take everything into consideration when making a recommendation, including your budget.
Call Carolina Fuels to schedule an AC inspection by a certified technician: (336) 623-9741.