3 Ways AC Maintenance can Save you Money
What’s the number one reason homeowners opt out of yearly HVAC maintenance? The cost. You don’t want to pay for AC repair in Greensboro when nothing seems to be wrong with your system. But the reality is that preventative maintenance can actually save you money, in three specific ways.
- Energy Efficiency. One way that AC maintenance can save you money is through increased energy efficiency.
- As your air conditioner operates it accumulates dirt, dust, and grime that needs to be cleaned out. When your evaporator coil (the part that holds the refrigerant and does most of the work cooling the air that eventually goes through your ducts to cool your home) gets dirty it inhibits its cooling capabilities. The dirt insulates the coil, keeping the heat from transferring as it should, which can cause your system to freeze over or fail to achieve your desired indoor temperature.
- As parts wear out they need to be replaced. Otherwise, your system can fail at any time when a part breaks, and you won’t be able to predict when.
- Lubrication dries up and the moving parts of your air conditioner won’t move as easily. The friction that results causes your system to work harder than it should and parts wear out faster than they typically would.
- Fewer Repair Fees. Unexpected repairs can result in you paying more for services. For example:
- Emergency or after-hours fees. When you have to call an HVAC service to come out for a repair after normal business hours, such as nights or weekends, you may pay a higher fee.
- Frequent repairs needed. An HVAC system that is not regularly tuned up is likely to break down more often and require more frequent repairs, which will cost more in the long run than the upfront cost of yearly maintenance.
- Longer AC Lifespan. An HVAC system that receives regular maintenance will last longer than one that doesn’t. Much like a car or any other working machine, taking proper care of it will allow you to get more years of quality performance out of it. If you’ve ever had to replace your HVAC system, you know that’s a pretty significant financial undertaking. You don’t want to have to do it often or prematurely, which is more likely to happen without routine maintenance.
Save Even More when you choose Berico AC Repair in Greensboro
Now that you know the top 3 ways that AC maintenance can save you money, you should know all the ways Berico can save you even more. When you schedule yearly AC repair in Greensboro with a Berico technician, you receive the following additional benefits:
- 20% off all repairs
- 20% off diagnostic fees
- No after-hours charges on repairs
- Priority Service
- $50 in Bonus Bucks (can be used toward new equipment)
- $500 off a new oil or propane furnace
A Comfort and Protection Service Plan from Berico includes yearly AC maintenance and all of the above benefits. Get the best performance out of your HVAC system and save money at the same time. Call to schedule your maintenance appointment today: (336) 273-8663.