You may have heard horror stories about furnace repair from friends, neighbors, coworkers, etc. about the terrible times they have had with HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) companies. You probably made a mental note to avoid the company they spoke of, hoping you would never have to go through such an ordeal. But how can you avoid the horror stories when you have furnace trouble? Follow these suggestions to make sure you are hiring a reliable company for Burlington furnace repair.
- Check with the BBB (Better Business Bureau). Before hiring any company, check their status with the BBB. Ratings of A+ through F (just like school grades) are given to businesses based on various criteria regarding customer service. You want an A+ business working on your furnace.
- Read reviews. Check other review sites such as Angie’s List where customers review and rate companies they have hired.
- Ask questions. When having repairs done, don’t be afraid to ask questions. A knowledgeable technician should be able to explain the problems and the repairs that need to be done to your furnace in a way that leaves you feeling confident about the results.
- Be proactive with furnace repair. Don’t wait until your furnace breaks down on a cold winter day to call for repair. When you’re in an emergency situation you don’t have enough time to do the necessary research; you just want to get it repaired as fast as possible so that you can be warm again. Schedule furnace maintenance in early fall to make sure your system is in good condition.
- Don’t accept a free tune-up. If a free tune-up seems too good to be true, it probably is. Some companies use this gimmick to look for supposed “problems” that need to be repaired so that they can get money out of the deal. Look for a reasonably priced tune-up.
Alamance Oil has an A+ Rating with the BBB and Received the Super Service Award from Angie’s List. Avoid the horror stories. Call Alamance Oil at (336) 226-9371 to get reliable, affordable Burlington furnace repair.