Top 3 Reasons to Switch to Propane Heating
Are you looking into alternative home heating options this year? Maybe you’re moving to a new home with a furnace for the first time, or maybe you’re tired of the monthly gas bills that seem to skyrocket during the cold weather months. Whatever the reason, a great alternative heating fuel to consider is propane. There are many advantages to using propane in Greensboro, but here are 3 reasons that top the list.
- Switching to Propane Could Save you Money. A top priority for many households, saving money is one of the biggest benefits of switching to propane energy. There are many different ways that propane can save you money:
- Propane heat lasts longer than natural gas or electric heat, meaning you get more warmth out of less fuel.
- Propane can be used for many other household appliances, including clothing dryers, ranges, fireplaces, water heaters, and generators.
- You can purchase propane as you need it instead of paying a monthly bill. But if you prefer a monthly bill to help balance your budget, agreements are available to even out the cost.
- Propane is Safe for your Family and the Environment. Propane is a safe, clean-burning fuel that will not harm your family or the environment. It is completely non-toxic and is stored in liquid form in a tank on your property, either above or below the ground. Leaks are very uncommon, but can be detected by an odor that resembles rotten eggs. Propane is naturally odorless, but the odor is added to make leaks easier to detect. You will only notice the smell if there is a leak.
- Propane Works When Electricity Doesn’t. Even when the power goes out, you can rest assured your home will still be warm and your propane-powered appliances will still work. You can still cook meals, dry clothes, and have hot showers even when there is no electricity. In the event of extreme weather or an accident involving a transformer, power can be lost for hours or even days. But you’ll be just fine, knowing your basic needs are still being met because of the reliability of propane.
Switching to Propane in Greensboro is Easy with Berico Fuels
If you are interested in switching to propane, Berico Fuels is an excellent supplier. Berico makes the switching process easy and painless for customers from furnace adaption to new tank installation. Any questions you have will be answered by an experienced technician who knows the ins and outs of propane installation. Deliveries can be set up on a schedule based on the weather and your household usage so that you never have to worry about running out of propane. Propane prices are reasonable and comparable.
Berico is a complete home comfort service, meaning that in addition to propane deliveries, Berico offers HVAC repairs and maintenance. Your propane deliveries and routine maintenance can be handled on the same schedule for your convenience. Call Berico today to make your switch to propane in Greensboro before the cold weather sets in: (336) 273-8663.