Is it time for a new air conditioner? Whether your old system has died or you’re building a new home that needs its first system, there are some important things to take into consideration. Before you schedule Greensboro air conditioning installation, consider these five things.
- Type of System. There are many different types of air conditioners from heat pumps to ductless systems. The type of system you choose should be determined based on factors such as climate (for example, heat pumps work best in mild temperatures), your home (two-story houses and larger houses can benefit from multi-zone systems), and your budget (HVAC systems range in prices).
- Size of System. The size of your system should be based on the size of the area you need to cool, such as how many square feet your home has. An air conditioning system that is too big or too small can cause a variety of problems. The HVAC contractor you choose to handle your Greensboro air conditioning installation can help you determine what size you need.
- Energy Rating. Every air conditioner is assigned a SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating. This gives you an idea of the level of energy efficiency you can expect to experience, so long as you keep your equipment properly maintained. Anything above a 14 SEER is considered to be an efficient air conditioner, and the higher the number the better the efficiency. Systems with higher SEER ratings tend to be more expensive, but your energy bill will be lower. Therefore, in the long run, a higher SEER rated air conditioner can actually save you money.
- Ductwork. Whether you’re having AC installed in an existing home or a new structure, ductwork is important. If your home already has ductwork, a forced air system would be best to use the ducts available without additional construction. If your new home is currently being built, consider the type of HVAC system you want and whether or not ductwork will be a necessary part of your home’s construction. Consider what type of heating system you have or wish to use as well, because a forced air furnace, for example, will use also use ducts.
- Installation Service. The HVAC service you choose to install your new air conditioning system can make all the difference in the performance of your system. Proper ductwork installation, if you choose a forced air system, is a huge part of the overall project. Quality installation by an experienced, certified HVAC installer is critical. Your careful choice of the type, size, and energy rating of your system can all be for naught if the installation is faulty.
Quality Air Conditioning Installation by Berico
You can count on Berico to take all of these things into consideration and then some. When it comes to planning your Greensboro air conditioning installation, you can trust your home and equipment to the experts at Berico. With decades of experience and numerous successful installation projects resulting in satisfied customers, you can be sure your home is good hands. Call Berico today to schedule your Greensboro air conditioning installation today: (336) 273-8663.