When buying a home, one of the biggest things to consider is what kind of heating system it has. If you’re considering buying a home with propane heat you’ll want to ask a few questions, such as who has been handling their propane delivery in Greensboro, among other maintenance questions. Before you purchase a home with propane heat be sure you know the important details by asking the following questions:
- What Propane Supplier Owns your Tank? It’s important to know the owner of the propane tank that exists on the property. You can choose to keep using the same supplier or choose a new supplier. If you decide to switch, choose a company that will swap out your tank for free.
- Where are the Tank and Gas Lines Located? It’s not always obvious where the tank is located. Some are buried under the ground, others are above ground. Knowing where the gas lines are buried is very important so that you can protect them when doing any landscaping or home improvements.
- How Much Does the Tank Hold? This information is vital. The capacity of the tank will determine refills and the amount of propane needed. Tanks come in different sizes based on the size of your home and the amount of propane you may use. The previous owner may have needed a larger or smaller tank than you will. Your supplier can give you a sizing recommendation.
- How Old is the Tank? Older propane tanks can wear out or rust. This can be a serious problem. If the current owner is unsure of the age, have a propane supplier inspect it.
- Are There any Other Appliances that Run on Propane? Find out which appliances in the home run on propane other than the furnace. The water heater, stove/oven range, clothing dryer, fireplace, or other appliances all may use propane as well. It’s important to know this information ahead of time so you can plan accordingly.
- What Maintenance has been Performed in the Past? If the current owner has a record of past propane tank and furnace maintenance, that information is helpful. When you know the date of the last service you can time your next maintenance appointment accordingly. And you can get a better idea of the condition of the current furnace and propane tank.
- What is the Efficiency Rating of the Furnace? Asking about the efficiency rating of a propane furnace provides you with necessary information about the propane usage to expect as well as the worth of the furnace.
Embracing a Home that Heats with Propane
If you’ve never lived in a propane-heated home before, you may not be aware of all the benefits. Don’t turn down a home you like simply because it uses propane for heat or other appliances. Keep in mind that propane is an affordable, clean-burning, and non-toxic heating fuel that many prefer over natural gas and electric heat because of the radiant warmth it creates and its efficiency.
Propane Delivery in Greensboro by Berico
No matter what supplier owns the tank, it’s easy to switch to a reliable provider such as Berico. Berico offers free tank swap-outs for new customers, making the switch easy and painless. Berico also offers propane pricing deals, payment plans, and automatic delivery plans to make propane service affordable and convenient. Call (336) 273-8663 to discuss propane delivery in Greensboro with the experts at Berico.