Kitchen ranges come in electric, natural gas, or propane configurations. People from amateurs to professional chefs have their preference when it comes to cooking fuels and appliances. There’s not a lot of difference between cooking with natural gas vs. propane. If your home is already equipped with natural gas for home heating, it’s easy to add a kitchen range or other appliances to that same energy source. When you don’t have access to natural gas, perhaps if you live in a rural area of North Carolina such as Eden, propane is an excellent alternative for home heating and other appliances. Consider the many advantages of a propane cooking range.
- Even-Heat. When it comes to cooking, having an even distribution of heat is important. Propane allows you to cook food evenly over a flame on the stovetop as well as in the oven.
- Save Money. A propane range may cost more up front, but the propane is a more cost-effective energy source. You’ll save more over time by cooking with propane.
- Power Out? No Problem. Your propane range will still operate if the power goes out, making it possible to cook meals even when you don’t have electricity. In rural areas when the power goes out, it can take days to be restored. In the meantime, enjoy hot meals by candlelight.
- Environmentally Friendly. Propane is a green gas, meaning it is non-toxic and does not release harmful emissions. Electricity is still primarily created by burning coal, which is much more harmful to the environment.
- Instantaneous Heat. While electric ranges take longer to heat up, a propane range is ready in seconds. You’ll have heat right away so you can make meals quickly and efficiently.
- Better Heat Control. Cooks like that the temperature on propane ranges can be adjusted more quickly. You have better overall temperature control than you do with electricity.
- Safety. When you turn off your propane cooktop the heat goes away immediately, unlike electric ranges that stay hot for much longer, creating a potential burn hazard.
- Keep your Kitchen Cooler in Summer. The second you turn off a propane range it cools quickly, which can be a life saver in the summer. Your kitchen cools off faster and your air conditioner won’t have to work as hard.
Carolina Fuels Provides Eden Propane and HVAC Services
Do you like the sound of all these advantages to cooking with propane? If you’re not already using propane in your home, there’s no time like the present to start. Carolina Fuels can deliver Eden propane to any home or business. Tanks come in a variety of sizes depending on the predicted usage per household or commercial building. Experts will recommend a refill schedule that will ensure your propane never runs out. You can enjoy all the benefits of cooking with propane even if you only have experience cooking with an electric range. Propane can also power other appliances such as clothing dryers, water heaters, and of course, furnaces. Call Carolina Fuels today to get more information about Eden propane: (336) 623-9741.