Does your air conditioner do a good job of keeping your home cool? It’s about the time of year to switch your HVAC system over from heat to cool. Is your AC up to the task of keeping your home cool during a long, hot summer? If you’re not sure, this may be a good time to consider an upgrade for your AC in Eden.
Signs your AC Might Need to be Replaced
If you’re wondering how you’ll know when your air conditioner may be on its last legs, here are some of the common warning signs.
- You hear strange noises. Unusual noises coming from your AC may indicate a loose part or a mechanical malfunction of some kind. If the noises are new or start to increase, your AC may be ready to give out.
- Your home cools unevenly. Are some rooms cooler than others when your AC is running? An AC system that is wearing out will struggle to keep a consistent temperature throughout your home.
- There’s a musty smell coming from your vents. This is a sign that there may be mold or mildew growing somewhere in your air conditioning system or the ducts. Excess moisture is typically the cause, which can indicate an issue with your AC.
- Your home feels humid. If it feels damp or humid inside your home when your AC is running, it’s an indication of a problem. A properly functioning air conditioner should be able to regulate the humidity in your home.
- Your energy bill keeps rising. An AC that is malfunctioning uses up more energy than it should, which causes your power bill to rise.
- Your AC is more than 10 years old. Air conditioning systems have an average lifespan of 10-15 years. If yours is 10 years old and climbing or has reached the max of 15 years, it likely won’t have too many more years of good operation in it. A new system will definitely be more energy efficient due to advancements in technology.
When is the Best Time to Replace your Old AC System?
If you do need a new system, the best time to replace it is before the onset of hot weather. AC installation in Eden can take a few hours and often the better part of a day. If that’s a particularly hot day, you’ll be without any AC and the temperature inside your home will rise quickly. It’s best to schedule the replacement for early spring when the weather is still mild.
Carolina Fuels Can Install your New AC in Eden
When you’re ready to replace your old air conditioning system, hire the experts at Carolina Fuels to handle the job. A reliable service with decades of experience replacing AC systems, Carolina Fuels technicians are trained and knowledgeable. Proper installation is crucial for your system to function efficiently and last for the intended lifespan.