Is it necessary to have your air ducts cleaned? It may not be necessary, but it is certainly beneficial. If you have a central HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) system, your home has a series of ducts that lead from your air conditioner to the vents throughout your home. Over time dust, dirt, pet dander, and other debris will accumulate in your ducts, contaminating your indoor air and causing your HVAC system to run less efficiently or possibly even malfunction. If your HVAC service in Burlington offers duct cleaning, you would be wise to take advantage of that service. Consider the top 5 benefits of duct cleaning.
- Improve allergies. If you or anyone else in your household suffers from allergies, duct cleaning will be a major benefit. Allergy sufferers see immediate improvement once allergens like dust, pollen, pet dander, and more are removed from the ducts in their home.
- Improve indoor air quality. Besides allergens, other contaminants can build up in your ducts and lower your indoor air quality. Pests may have built nests in your ducts that you are unaware of, contaminating your air with droppings. Soot from your furnace can also build up in your ductwork and be circulated through your home. A thorough duct cleaning will improve the quality of your indoor air.
- Freshen your air. Improving the quality of your indoor air will also freshen your home. Eliminate the odors that are caused by some of the previously mentioned contaminants in your ducts. You’ll notice a difference immediately and you can discontinue use of potent air fresheners.
- Save energy. Perhaps the biggest benefit of duct cleaning is the energy savings. By having your ducts professionally cleaned and your system cleaned as well, you improve the efficiency of your HVAC system. Your monthly energy bills will be noticeably lower.
- Dust less often. Who likes to dust their home? Not many people. Once your ducts have been cleaned you’ll notice much less dust settling on furniture and floors. You’ll find you can go a lot longer between dusting.
Finding an HVAC Service in Burlington that Offers Duct Cleaning
Looking for duct cleaning services? Not every HVAC service in Burlington offers duct cleaning, but Alamance Oil does. Most homeowners know the importance of regular maintenance and cleaning for HVAC systems, but not everyone knows how important duct cleaning is. The HVAC experts at Alamance Oil know that cleaning your air conditioning unit is only part of the routine cleaning that needs to be done. If your system is cleaned but your ducts are not, your HVAC system will be dirty again in a very short time. These services should go hand in hand for the best possible results. Cleaner, fresher air, fewer allergy symptoms, energy savings, and more can only come from a completely clean system, including the ductwork. When it’s time for yearly maintenance, call an HVAC service in Burlington that will thoroughly clean your entire HVAC system, such as Alamance Oil: (336) 226-9371.